Example Video

Monday, March 23, 2015

Working on my sound/tone

Lately, I have been in a sound funk. My favorite effects brand would be the cheap boutique maker but yet simple to use: Devi Ever (original not the DWARFCRAFT). I been using these pedals since I discovered them in 2012. Right now I'm collecting all big white knobs, old school graphics of Devi Ever, where she and company made them back in the day. I also have a couple of the Effector 13 pedals by them as well.

Anyways, the thing about these pedals is that they are sometimes out of control which I like. I like the fact that they stack well with each other to create different textures and sounds. But again, they make loud strange noises which can sometimes annoy my mom who lives next store at on our properly. She tells me that I just make noise as if that is the final result of my sound. The thing is, everyday I am always tweaking to find new sounds and textures, and she doesn't understand that. I keep telling her that guitar tone doesn't come straight out of the box. You have to fine tune your sound all the time. Like how there are practices for lawyers and doctors, they have the skill but they must practice their skill everyday. I think that kind of make sense.

I just picked up a Black Arts Toneworks Pharaoh, and its awesome when you have the right one that is working and not b-stock like my first Pharaoh who I sold off to my friend in BLOODMOON. What I am going to do is to change up my sound, keeping the delay and modulation sounds same but the fuzz different. I am planning on getting a Basic Audio Scarab Deluxe which is a tone blender sound and a DBA Soundwave Breakdown for compressed out of control (but sometimes controllable) and for big muff drives, my pharaoh, and hoping to get a LSTR and BLACK FOREST by Black Arts Toneworks. These effects are more classic sounding and less chaotic. And when the time comes, I'm for sure getting a new DUNLOP WAH-WAH Mini.

Meanwhile, I am hoping to have a show in May to show/test this sound. Experience it.

No comments:

Post a Comment